Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where Were You?

My mother and I had just come home from Tony's Seafood; I remember thinking the coverage was a 'Saturday Night Live' skit
(the night Princess Diana was killed)

It was my eighth birthday; we watched the car chase on TV as I ate cake.
(the OJ Simpson murders)

I was in Mrs. Frost's chemistry class and our assistant principal announced it over the intercom
(9/11)

I was folding clothes in my room; I never thought this would be a clothes pile I'd tell my kids about.
(Michael Jackson dies)

...Where were you?

2 comments:

bruce lee wayne said...

http://tinyurl.com/m6cjsf

^ read this. penelope recommended.

Unknown said...

Of course, Penelope, you might just THINK those are what happened. Research on flashbulb memories shows that they're not nearly as accurate as we think.

But I too remember thinking that the Diana accident was an SNL skit!