Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Panty Fiends Have Feelings, Too.


I love panties almost as much as I love being recalcitrant.


However, I may be the only person who was not excited to learn that Victoria's Secret was expanding their PINK Collegiate Collection to include Historically Black Colleges and Universities.


Of course, I took the time out to contact ol' Vicky and express this.

Below is a copy of that correspondence.


"Victoria:
I understand why you might want to include HBCU's in your PINK Collection. I also understand that there exists a forum in which we can nominate out universities for inclusion. However, I would like to go on the record as being AGAINST my alma mater's inclusion in the PINK Collection. I have nothing against Victoria's Secret's PINK (even though I can't fit any of it; I'm 5'8", 125 pounds, but I'm a 34DD).

I do not support the inclusion of Xavier University in the PINK Collection because I feel that it will further encourage girls to go to class looking shoddy and sloven. True, college should not be a fashion show. Still, I believe that young women should be encouraged to take pride in their appearances, their hygiene, and their self-presentation, just as they ought to take pride in their education. I can only imagine the influx of girls who would deem it acceptable to show up to class wearing sweatpants, camis, and flip-flops, with PINK stitched across their hindparts. Hopefully you understand this perpective and, although I may be singular in my resolve, I thank you in advance for considering all viewpoints.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns, or malfunctions.
Sincerely,

(Penelope remains anonymous)

Xavier LA, Class of 2008"


I'll be sure to let all 2 of my readers know what response I get, even if it's an automated response. Especially if it's an automated response, actually. I'll be livid.


Contact them yourself here